A depressing trend: national endeavours tend to get lost or abandoned.Probable causes:
- Discontinuation of funding, difficulty in raising long term grants.
- Guerilla coded solutions, unmaintainable codebases.
- Initiators are explorers at the forefront of information technology innovation, resulting in technology focused solutions (e.g. ‘bare TEI-XML to be produced with XML-editors).
- Traditionalist humanities scholars distrust virtuality and ‘fluidness’ of digital text.
- Presumed little methodological gain from digital editions.
- Stone age users
previous | next